You Will Need:
- Vegetable oil
- Soft cloth
- Nail polish remover with acetone
- Scraper or razor blade
Method of removal:
- Start by removing any bits that will easily come off.
- Then using a damp cloth remove as much as you can.
- Apply a layer of vegetable oil to the tape or adhesive, rubbing the sticky stuff to remove it.
- If the tape or adhesive is still stubbornly stuck, you are probably dealing with epoxy. To remove epoxy, soak a sponge in nail polish remover and tape it over the offending areas for around ten minutes. Use the scraper to gently scrape the spots off the mirror.
- Hairspray may be used instead of vegetable oil if you find the sticky stuff is too stubborn.
- Razor blades and metal scrapers can easily damage the surface of a mirror, so use them very carefully and only as a last resort.