How To Clean Your Mattress
- Give it a good vacuum first using the upholstery attachment both sides. In fact it is good to turn and flip your mattress on a regular basis. It is a good idea to use a mattress cover for protection.
- If the mattress is particularly dirty use a commercial shampoo otherwise use a mild detergent and mix with water. Apply with a sponge to the areas that require it.
- Use another sponge soaked in the detergent, wring it out and wipe the whole mattress.
- For stains use a citrus based cleaning product and soak offending areas for about five minutes. Blot the areas with a clean dry white cloth.
- Leave the mattress to dry which can take a whole day so this job is best performed first thing in the morning.
- Odours can be removed by sprinkling baking soda on a dry mattress and vacuuming after. This should really be done on a regular basis.